2013 was a big year for our family, we became 'complete'. We have two healthy and happy children, one of each, and so we're done with baby making (more on that topic later in the week).
Here's what made 2013...
- Two ultrasound scans.
- Two midwife-departments.
- Nine midwife appointments.
- Two false-labours.
- Thirty-eight weeks of pregnancy (forty-two in total).
- Seven minutes of delivery.
- 1:06am; time he was born, weighing 8lb6oz on 08/09/2013.
- Ninety seconds; length of time he stopped breathing once delivered.
- Twenty-seven minutes after he was born, my husband arrived.
- Three return journeys to and from our home in Eastbourne and the Conquest Hospital by my husband in a thirty-six hour period.
- Forty minutes is the approximate time from home to hospital one way.
- Sixteen weeks of successful breast-feeding.
- Twenty-five weeks of maternity leave taken.
- One very proud big sister, two smitten parents and one big lump of gorgeous bubba.
And the rest...
- One house-move.
- Two failed attempts, two relapses and three successful attempts at potty training.
- Fifteen children under five at the party where my daughter turned three.
- Twenty-five and twenty-seven; the ages my husband and I turned (respectively).
- Two trips to Paris as a family.
- Four concerts.
- One trip to Peppa Pig World.
- Two weddings attended.
- One year of wedded bliss celebrated.
- One first ever trip to the cinema.
- Four days of Christmas-festivities as a family of four.
- 364; the (approximate) times I've seen Disney's Tangled with Moo.
Wow. What a year. I've loved 2013 (apart from the never-ending pregnancy) and I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring my way I'm hoping more handbags and chocolate with less weight gain!
Labels: 2013, family, life, reflection